Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 15, 2011, 07:22 StingingVelvet

entr0py wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 04:26:
On a platform where hardware incompatibilities and unfixed crashes are common, and refunds are increasingly hard to get; yes, lacking a demo is a serious problem.

I've had about two games in the last 5 years have a crashing problem and both of them were fixed with a patch or tweak, so I don't know about this "crashes are common" thing. Same with the hardware incompatabilies, for new games that has happened to me... never? Yeah, never.

Maybe you just keep a sloppy PC. That's not an insult, the vast majority of people do.

I don't really think it justifies piracy, but there are those who have been burned by nonrefundable games often enough to use piracy as a trial. At lease console players can be assured the game will play.

People like Jerykk are going to download this game on a torrent either way anyway. The people who believe in "try before you buy" do that for every game, demo or no. Jerykk will tell you some grand pro-consumer story about how demos are not truly indicative of the whole game and might not adequately showcase all the flaws and so on.

People who pirate games because they are ignorant of the ramifications and selfish, who never pay for anything, are not going to be persuaded to change their ways by a demo of anything.

So no, I don't really get your point. If a lack of demo harms any group it is the people who refuse to have anything to do with downloading games they haven't bought, and those people will not turn to piracy, soo... no harm no foul, really. It's still stupid not to release a demo, but only because demos increase sales for good games. I bet EA thinks most PC gamers have a console as well and can play the demo there though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo