Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: DC Universe Online Trailer Jan 11, 2011, 13:52 Tumbler

I took the plunge and pre-ordered the PS3 version. I'm gonna pick it up today and hopefully have a snow day tomorrow from work to enjoy it.

@kanniballl

Can you report back here and let us know if there is some kind of unique code that limits each copy to one unique account? I'm hoping that each PS3 copy can simply be inserted into the PS3 and you get to start an account that is linked to your profile...

But I expect it's more likely that they include a code that gives you the ability to create an account. Crossing my fingers, that way I can request it via goozex!

I hope the console MMO's in general adopt this strategy over one unique key per copy purchased, I'd rather see more players have an opportunity to try the game rather than everyone needing to pay that upfront BS cost of buying the game to begin with.

For many smaller MMO's I think they'd find a lot more people willing to pay them $15 and not get a free month at the beginning to start an account rather than sticking with the pay $50 -$60 for the first month, then $15 after that. If you are WoW then do whatever you want obviously, but when you ship something that is not WoW try to give some incentives for more people to try your game. It seems like so many devs think they deserve a $60 upfront payment plus $15 a month because they put "MMO" on their game... MMO's launching today should not be shooting for that goal, none are even close to providing content worthy of that price when you consider what is already on the market today. Understand that you're starting way behind and that you'll need to build to the point where people want to pay you top dollar. Looking at you STO! You should be god damn free and C-store crap should be how you make your money.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2011, 14:00.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo