Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: More Raven Call of Duty Speculation Jan 5, 2011, 15:51 Animals for Crackers

Raven also developed Jedi Knight II and Jedi Knight Academy, which in my humble opinion are the best games they have made.

I still occasionally replay the SP campaign from JKII(with some added graphical mods for improved shadows/lighting etc.) and then hop online and do a couple rounds of Duel mode (force powers disabled, just you and your lightsaber). Duel was always my favorite mode by far, surprisingly deep combat system combined with all the great exploitable quirks (you'd often see people you would remember solely based on a unique 'signature' move of theirs, the plasticity of the engine allowed for a lot of individual creation of new techniques; I myself had a nice combo that ended in a death-from-above-style heavy-stance diagonal downward swing that you could flip seamlessly into if the mouse camera angle was just so, wish I could explain it better!) of id's Q3 engine made for some flashy and involved epic battles.

Don't forget Heretic/Hexen, the original SoF, and Star Trek: Voyager (average game but fun nonetheless).

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2011, 16:04.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo