Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 23:24 Teddy

LittleMe wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 17:33:
PHJF wrote on Dec 24, 2010, 15:14:
Is ARMA II, like, playable now?

Yes. I got the $12.50 bundle on amazon last night and played it for about four hours. Had a blast. Great game even though it's PvE against often brain dead bots.

I suggest you have a 1GB vid card. Well, on my 4870/512 the game performed badly no matter what I did but on my 5870 it's good. You'll need to download the patch for each game if you get it on amazon.

It's still debatable whether it's "playable" depending on your definition. It still has bugs, gamebreaking ones at that. I couldn't finish the basic training because I kept getting instructors stuck in a loop. Particularly, the shooting range, I didn't even get a chance to fire a round before he declared that I'd failed, then he'd ask if I wanted to try again, then he'd declare that I failed before I even responded. Over and over until I just quit the training and started a mission instead.

That said, the mission worked fine. The feel of the game is still sorely lacking and the 'training' I did manage to get working was a terrible experience that explained NOTHING. Why even bother having a tutorial if the player needs to keep looking up keyboard commands in a manual or in the configuration just to complete said tutorials?

BI certainly know the subject matter, and they know how to make a powerful sandbox engine, but they don't know squat about how to make a 'game'.

Eventually I may take the time to teach myself how to play this game, but right now there's so much else out there from companies that actually have their shit together that this can sit on the shelf and wait. Kind of disappointed I even spent $10 on it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo