Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Gamebryo Acquired Dec 23, 2010, 23:18 Acleacius

Kalthorn wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 21:24:
Quake and Quake 2 didn't "have skies" because id wasn't trying to........... I tend to believe that if they designed it to have big, beautiful outdoor scenes, then those scenes are going to perform wonderfully.
I don't think your being accurate, id has coded several engines which sucked at many things and excelled at other things.

Many other engine companies built engines had skies, great looking textures and online multiplayer. Your theory seems extremely flawed when you claim id wasn't trying to make a fully functional engine, when compared to other companies.

As far as carmack goes, it's extremely hard to believe he gives a shit. He specifically stated in the past he didn't care what fans thought. He does, "what he wants" (paraphrasing here, it's been around 6 years). Also I distinctly remember the doom3 launch, he clearly had his head up his butt when it came to programming the engine. He stated, "he was more interested in his rocket".

He and company maybe capable but they sure the hell haven't show it in action or deed. All they have done since Quake 2 is spit out engines which do corridor, hall and room structures, with basic colors of brown, green and gray (well I stopped paying attention after doom3). Unless something has changed, which I highly doubt.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo