Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 8, 2010, 10:37 JoeNapalm

As Twain liked to say...lies, damn lies, and statistics.

The article cites that more people who have dedicated gaming devices also play games on their smartphones.

Not exactly a revelation.

The article goes on to say that people are playing their DS/PSP less, and some people who own a DS/PSP don't play them at all...

Which makes sense - but it doesn't mean that it's because of smartphones. Correlation /= causation.

I mean, Hell, I fall into the category of someone who owns a PSP, no longer plays games on it, and "plays games on a smartphone" (which is to say I play about 10 minutes of Sudoku in an airport now and then).

The fact that I play some crappy free game on my smartphone has absolutely nothing to do with the PSP. Heck, it probably has more to do with the fact that the luggage pocket I used to put my PSP in, I now stuff with a Kindle.

Prob & Stat, along with logic, should be a required course in High School and/or College. Too many people fall for the old "If A = B, then C!" non-sequitur trick.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo