Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 14:27 Ecthelion

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 14:10:
Cool. I hope that this one doesn't cause my launcher to crash two out of every five times I start it up...

Creston
The original version did that to me at least 50% of the time, then one of the patches fixed it, and now it does it again although less frequently. It seems like it has a better chance to work if I don't touch the computer while Steam is deciding to launch the launcher (not when it's actually launching the game from the launcher). If I impatiently switch to another program while I wait, the launcher seems to crash more often.

Weird.

I'm almost done with the game anyway, so it doesn't matter that much to me. I already finished the game but I wanted to see the different endings so I loaded a save prior to choosing an ending faction and finished the game differently each time. I'm almost done with the Legion ending, and then I'll have seen them all.

I don't enjoy replaying RPGs (unless several years have passed since my last playthrough), sadly, so I don't know if I'll get much more out of the game. I'll probably check out the more substantial DLC down the road though. It's definitely one of the best games I've played in 2010 though, and a very pleasant surprise. Now I can feel more justified in always sticking up for Obsidian when they inevitably get ridiculed. I hope NV is the start of a pattern for Obsidian and that they eventually grow past their less-than-stellar reputation. Apparently the secret to them making a great game is to use a tried-and-true engine, and make a sequel rather than a brand new IP.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo