Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: EA Staff Cuts Oct 29, 2010, 08:14 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 06:20:
We dont really have any of the details do we. Im under the impression that most of these people were probably working on a contractual basis of 3 or 6 months, and their contracts have probably just run out. I cant see a company firing experienced full time employees who have "permanent" positions unless they screwed up somehow.

Dude, take it easy with the intelligent comments will ya?
You're 100% correct, of course. No company in the software development sector fires its experienced workforce. The costs of hiring new (or re-hire the former) people and the expenses for fully (re-)integrating them usually far outweigh the savings of a couple months salaries. These definitely must have been temporary positions to begin with which is standard practice in a project based environment like game development. Business as usual. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Naturally all of this is a little bit hard to understand for your average Blue's News knucklehead commie cunt who's having pipe dreams about Fidel Castro run 100% employment guarantee corporations that serve as infinite pools of welfare money for the untalented, poor and lazy like themselves.

I guess what I'm really trying to say with that last paragraph is: Fuck the dumb.

/peace out

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo