Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 23:07 Warskull

heroin wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:40:
So, how do we know that Valve has not begun to employ the original creators of DOTA? If they have, then what is the big fuss about? Did Valve ever create the engine that the original Team Fortress came out of (Quake)? Hell no, they didn't. But, as far as I know they did hire a bunch of guys who created the mod and did a very good job bringing it into it's own.

I think Blizz just needs to STFU on this one (I love you guys but jesus, Mo Money the Mo problems you make up in your big convoluted heads).

The original creator of DotA is long gone. That would be Eul, Guinsoo stole an unprotected copy of the map and released his own version that happened to catch on (I don't believe he credited the original creator either.) Icefrog, who now work for Valve, took over and did a great deal to fix the balance and coding of the map.

Most WC3 maps have a history of changing hands (often without consent) and people taking credit for other people's work.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo