Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: WoW Cataclysm System Specs Oct 22, 2010, 11:08 Gentle Nova

Linksil wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 13:54:
Yea the wow installer is horrible. You need double or more free space to the size of your game for the install. You download 6 gigs of patches, then they copy the whole game while overwriting the old one. Don't know why they can't just patch one file at a time and need oh say 10mb free space?

Ya that update process completely killed my attempt at applying patch 4.01. Instead I had to uninstall the game and reinstall it using the new launcher / updater (found under a sub menu of your Battlenet account page, i.e. Full Game Install).

My assumption is that everyone should have the new launcher / updater now, so adding Cataclysm should be a "streamed" process rather than a downloaded patch update (assuming you purchase the online version).

BTW since I did a complete reinstall using the new launcher / updater, my WoW folder uses only 21.8 GB of space.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo