Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 10:13 JoeNapalm

Quicksilver wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 09:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 09:48:
Quicksilver wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 09:43:
The best fix I ever found for Fallout was in the advanced video settings (through the launcher) in the water tab, turn multisampling to low. My Fallout games used to crash every 20-30 minutes until I turned that off.

Saw this post previously - wanted to say thanks, I switched that in the other FO3 game - worked like a charm.

no problem, i googled for weeks before I found that fix, stopped playing FO3 for a while because of the crashes. Haven't seen it posted widely. So spread the word!

The GFX auto-detect set my resolution to 800x600, then cranked up all of the stupid water effects to maximum. First thing I did was crank the resolution up to 1600x1200 and shut off or reduce water effects as far as possible.

End result: I have suffered one CTD in about 9hrs of play. My frame rate is smooth, though every five or six seconds the entire game pauses for a half-tick (very annoying). (Have considered shutting off auto-save - may be unrelated but in general auto-save screws up poorly written games.)

Considering that I have yet to actually SEE any water (it is in a desert, after all) I think it's a fair trade off.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

PS - With this final straw, Beth and Obsidian (I really SHOULD have known better with those names in the mix) have entered the category of devs who's games I'll pick up on Steam sales after the users have fixed the damn code. Lazy ass incompetent code makes me angry.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo