Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: EA Bashing Oct 13, 2010, 11:55 bhcompy

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 11:33:
Like I said, when was the last time Mythic made two games that sold 10 million copies plus in the space of a few months?

Creston

When was the last time Bioware made an MMO that was pulling in millions a month in subscriber fees for years at a time?

Most businessmen will tell you that the best model is the one that generates you revenue consistently rather than at one time. That is why Bioware and Blizzard got in to the MMO business, and Mythic has been there longer than both of them.

As far as the bashing, knowing people that worked for Mythic before and after the EA merge, I believe what this person is saying based on my own personal conversations with these people. EA has whittled down the Mythic team and replaced with their own people since the buyout. It's what EA does to everyone. And, realistically, it's not all that different from what happened at SOE with Galaxies(again, based on personal experience as a member of the press).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo