Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

69. Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS: Oct 12, 2010, 01:18 noman

Optimaximal wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 05:58:
What's stopping me from selling (or giving away) a game I purchased on GoG?
Apart from the fact it's illegal, is a violation of GOG.com's TOS and will likely result in your account being closed if they catch you?
If you sell a GOG.com download, their system allows you to download it again & potentially sell it on, again. That would make a you a software pirate.

If you are doing what you are insinuating, you're part of the problem and the reason we have DRM-ed services such as Steam, D2D & Ubi-Online (or whatever its called).

I don't care if it's illegal, which it's very likely not, or whether GoG.com will close my account. The point is when I buy a game from GoG and download it, there is no further dependency on any other factor. I can do whatever I want with it. Just for that matter alone, GoG is always my first choice among all digital download services. I'd pay up to three four times more on GoG compared to Steam.

And by the way, of course I meant that I'll delete the game from my hard-disk if I end up selling it. It's the same as selling regular boxed games, and I thought it was obvious enough to be not worth mentioning.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo