Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: Tenacious D at BlizzCon Oct 11, 2010, 14:18 fujiJuice

Shok wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 14:00:
There's an in-game pet for buying the virtual ticket too so I guess a lot of WoW completists will have to buy it just for the pet. I still laugh everytime I see one of those $25 mounts in WoW.

Why, how is it different than paying for anything else that is considered a luxury? If it adds any additional enjoyment to your life and you can afford it, who cares. Sure it is a virtual item, but to get philosophical here, is anything really an object you can have for eternity, no, unless you are immortal. Are they overpriced, sure, but if you can afford it, and want it, don't let 'What will other people think' affect your decision. Same goes for the Virtual Ticket, you get an item in the game, and 50 hours of coverage, which includes many panels that often contain interesting talks from the developers.

Yes I have spent money on such things in games, do I regret them, no. I feel I have used them to enough to be equal to any other price of entertainment, such as a movie, a ride, a nice dinner, a concert, a sporting event. I think sports are a huge waste of time and get absolutely no entertainment from them, I would never in a million years pay even a dollar to see one live but some people spend thousands because it makes them happy. Good for them.

/end rant

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo