Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

67. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Scrapped Oct 11, 2010, 05:25 Sempai

finga wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 00:38:
Oh, everyone look at the world's smallest violin I'm playing for 2K right here.

But the reality is, what IS the fucking point of trying to do business with people who are openly hostile to them? Clearly they tried, *again*, to give it a shot, and again the PC gaming community bitched and moaned about DLC, cried about spergtastic issues like FOV/Vsync (as if this is what makes or breaks a game), and then had a nerdrage shitfit when 2K said, "you know what? Fuck it. Let's just leave these assholes to whine and complain on their little forums and go make money with the gamers who care about things like the actual game rather than DLC, piracy, whether mouselook is 1:1, and dozens of other real or made-up issues we don't have to deal with on the more profitable (for most of their games) platforms."

PC gamers are the most finicky, vocal (loudmouthed), opinionated, and unrealistic customers in this industry. And when they don't get what they perceive to be their way? A big chunk of them just pirate games to "get back" at the publishers that they see as directly insulting them. As a business, it's silly for most companies to try and sell things to people like this.

The more you post the more your losin me.
You seem to be the very type of PC gamer that you despise.
Sure PC gamers(all gamers)are finicky, vocal and opinionated, that's just our culture on planet earth in 2010.

But shouldnt people be upset when they lay down $50-60 dollars then bring home their game just to have the mouse controls not work correctly?
The FoV not set to the right parameters? That alone can make some folks sick. The same widescreen bug the first had?

Solid gameplay is pretty high up on that priority list, lets not even speak of people's game saves being wiped and the game crashing which results in a complete reinstall, yes this has personally happened to me with Bioshock 2 three times, i now believe it's a GFWL issue but not %100 certain.

Let's take the car industry for instance, you don't think there are complete asshats who go buy new cars then take them back a week later demanding their money back cause the seats aren't the right color?
You have this in any industry, especially retail.

PC gamers are no different, only companies like 2K are getting away with their mistreatment and neglect.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo