Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS: Oct 10, 2010, 15:36 DG

Paketep wrote on Oct 10, 2010, 14:16:
Yeah, because Valve and MS are the same, have done the same damage to PC gaming, and have the same potential to do damage in the future.

You amaze me, sCary. Didn't you learn anything in all your years running the Shack?
Err, he doesn't say Steam (or GfWL) is hurting the industry, only specific policies. The gist I get is he's complaining that for everything to work together it's either everything on Steam, everything on GfWL or neither.

Entire quote from TFA is:
"[We] want people to be able to play together and right now if a guy buys a game on Games for Windows and a guy buys a game on Steam - they can't play together, If another guy bought it in a retail store, he can't play with the first two guys."

"Right now we're like 'Please, work together'. Our big concern right now is that these silos are being built. Everybody's separating out and it's really... as a developer who just wants gamers to be able to play games together, it's frustrating right now. Things like that are hurting the PC industry for gamers. This is frustrating for everybody right now."
My take on that is he's annoyed that they're basically faced with exclusive options for distribution. Much as I'd take Steam over any other any day, take my personal preference out and I can see the point. I'd be annoyed if large stores started demanding exclusive rights.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo