Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 26, 2010, 10:06 Wolfen

Nerian wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 19:27:
You know, it's not like Realtime Worlds didn't have a good track record. Granted, they had ONE successful game and then tried to make a MMO.....

But it's not the buyer's fault the company folded. If anything, it's the fault of the people that didn't buy it, and the developers.

That being said, I've found that EA generally has pretty good customer service when pressed. I purchased a copy of Spore Galatic Edition from Ebay, listed as NEW IN BOX, UNOPENED..and guess what? Yeah, it was opened and the key had already been activated.

I called EA, was able to prove that it was purchased secondhand sold as a new product, and the email address of the seller matched the registered email. They generated a brand new key for me on the spot, and made it available for me to digitally download via their store, permanently. Pretty frakin' awesome of them.

Oh, and I did file a PayPal claim against the seller and get all of my money back too. So F that guy...

Dood. There is NO WAY this games failure is my fault cause I didn't buy it. Maybe it had something to do with some of the unappealing aspects of the game, such as... in game advertisements.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo