Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: World of Darkness Details, Trailer Sep 26, 2010, 08:40 Umbragen

creatorswhim wrote on Sep 26, 2010, 07:56:

As you said, details are scant but do you think the "standard" MMO approach -- power and capabilities are dependent on performing endless and repetitive ritualistic murder of innocents -- is the approach you would prefer?

Actually, performing endless and repetitive ritualistic murder of innocents sounds pretty sweet, but it's your alternative not mine. Also, it's not really what I'm talking about. EVE limits what you can do according to how many months/years you've spent training skills. As a method of retaining players over the long term, I'm sure it's most effective, but it's also very restrictive and a deterrent to new players entering the game. It's one of the main reasons I don't play EVE. I just don't like being penalized for jumping around between half a dozen MMO's. On the other hand, if the game is "That Good", I might not mind playing it exclusively for a few years.

FWIW: I wouldn't be at all surprised if CCP plans to use this method to create some sort of Generational mechanic. How it would mesh with the Canon might be a problem (and what about Diablerie?), but it could be made to work.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2010, 09:11.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo