Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Sep 19, 2010, 23:00 CannibalBob

Adding my comment here:
I'm a regular Steam user and noticed this game's release. It didn't interest me (I have both Penumbra games and barely played them) and I knew nothing about the game. The price is cheap for a new game ($20) and would have bought it if I was interested.

So I'd say that the reason it's not selling well is a combination of the game being too niche (I honestly do not see much of a demand for horror games) and poor marketing.

I hate the argument of blaming it in piracy. Sure, it will get pirated and it may have been pirated X times, but that doesn't mean it would have made Price * X amount of money. As far as I can tell, most pirates are not interested in paying for the games anyway so I doubt they would have paid if that was the only option.
According to Valve, a lot of piracy occurs in countries where the game has staggered release dates (or none at all), such as Russia or Germany. Perhaps that is the issue?

"If you like it, they will stop making it" - Herblock's Law

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo