Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 5, 2010, 14:47 Scorpion67

NKD wrote on Sep 5, 2010, 04:37:
Esoteric wrote on Sep 5, 2010, 04:07:
I tend to agree with elefunk. It seems most of the people on BluesNews comments are automatically negative, irrationally so. It's like a mild version of RPG Codex. And if you're not familiar with RPG Codex already, thank your lucky stars.

The unhappiest gamers alive are at Blue's News. While I've seen sites with a lot more bile and spite in terms of quantity, no site beats the consistency of posts here at Blue's. I can predict with almost 100% certainty what a given user will say about a given news post.

I really wonder, with the posts I see here, why these people bother with gaming at all if it is so bad. I have to assume they are mostly pirates and aren't investing any cash into the hobby. After all, to complain that much and still give developers money they'd have to be the biggest suckers alive.

QFT
I really like Bluesnews, but the forums here are populated with a bunch of immature self-serving software pirates that try to rationalize stealing.

Ironically, most of these same people have used Stardock as thier shining example as to why piracy has no effect on the industry. Now they sit back and pile on the vitrol when stardock flounders, yet at the same time complain when they dont have the capital for an extensive QA process, a huge support team, or when a single game can make break the company.

Most of these people tend to rationalize their actions and take no personal responsibility for anything. It's always the "greedy corporations" or "idiot developers" or some other mysterious force that has caused the decline of PC gaming.

I am sad to hear of people who's family depend on income to lose their jobs regardless of who is at fault. I think it is sick to take such personal satisfaction from it.

However, I am kind of surprised to see some of the biggest pro-pirating posters (i.e. space_captain, jerykk, creston) on these boards be so happy that stardock is in trouble. After all, who will they point to now to try to prove piracy is irrelevant.

Well no one said they ever made much sense...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo