Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Captains of Darktide Offline, Moving Aug 30, 2010, 19:26 Cthulhu

kxmode wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 14:27:
That's exactly what they just said they were doing: the game is in the process of being moved to new hosting facilities. They only say the game is moving, not their old servers. They have to migrate their databases, code and whatnot off the old server and onto the new. From my experience a dynamic website takes about a week. I'd imagine for an MMO it would take several weeks.
From http://www.playdarktide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84

"To facilitate the move to the new state of the art hosting facilities and to get CoDT integrated with all the cool features of the new publisher, we will be taking down the servers for a while."

This does not tell me that they are only moving the game. If it was only the game it's self, that could be sent overnight to the new publisher on a Hard Drive(s)and plugged in to the new hardware (if there was any) with almost zero down time.

It would not and should not take several weeks to "move the game" unless the game hardware was going with it and it was being shipped to a new location in a different country....

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this game was grabbed by NCSoft Korea or one of the other Korean MMORPG Grindhouses... It would explain the delay and at least w/ NCSoft Korea it fits their level of iron control over a title once they acquire it

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 479'S, 12643'W Cthulhu

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo