Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2010, 19:17 Evil Timmy

My favorite way to cook ribs, which also happens to be supremely easy because you finish it when your guests show up, is to do most of the cooking in the oven. I keep the temperature at 225F and let it cook low and slow, with the roasting pan covered in tinfoil to keep as much moisture as possible. If the temperature's under 305F or so the sauce won't burn, so slather it in as much as you want, and flip and reapply ever hour. It'll be ready in two hours or so, but it'll only get more tender if you let it cook low-and-slow for longer. Pull it out 15 minutes before you're ready to serve it, baste it again, and cook on your barbecue on high heat for 5, low heat for 5, then rest for 5 and serve. The oven will have cooked the meat, but the grilling dries out the sauce and makes it more of a glaze, and adds the perfect amount of crispy char to the whole affair. The five-minute resting period is vital...for all the science behind perfect barbecue, check out Serious Eats' Food Lab article on cooking a perfect prime rib. It's always nice when the cooking technique that consistently gives the best results also gives you the most flexibility in serving, and is easy to top it off.  

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo