Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: Op Ed Aug 1, 2010, 13:18 Tumbler

If you can't afford a nice new 50" flat screen tv, and then you go smash the window of your local electronics store and steal one from the showroom floor, are you saying that the manufacturer and the store doesn't lose because they've sold 'enough' already? Doh! Stealing is stealing. There's no argument. Anyone who defends piracy is a thief.

There is no one smashing windows and stealing real products. This is all digital theft and even business's like ebay and amazon don't try and get involved in who is right and wrong with digital theft. I used to sell credits from SWG and since those technically were not mine to sell that makes me a thief by your logic. Those credits were sold for money that could have gone to SOE but instead that person paid me instead of paying SOE and spending a few hours in the game.

And blizzards policy of one account per licensed copy of SC2 is bugging people. Several people have mentioned that wow is a good family game that many people can use. (at different times) Well turns out that you're not allowed to share your account in that way so really you've just been stealing all along cause each person playing should have been paying $15 and that means you stole $15 from blizzard.

This is utter nonsense. A licensed copy of the game should not have any limitations other than it can only be played by one person at any given moment. The second you have another person playing the same licensed copy at the same time as the first (when the software does not support it) then I'll agree you're doing something wrong. But publishers/developers should not be exploiting the trust consumers give them to try and stop people from using a licensed copy of a game anyway they choose. If they wanted to setup a computer in the street and let anyone who walked by to play it the developer/publisher should just smile and say thank you for purchasing the game.

Developers/publishers are going off the deep end with this attitude that no one should be experiencing their game without paying the full price. "that is how movies work though, each person buys a ticket, so they get money for each experience! It's only natural we get the same deal!" Movies cost $10 per seat. Movies spend MASSIVE amounts of money on those theaters. You guys basically make copies of a CD and hold our your hand and say $60!

$60 per person? Fuck off. I get so fucking mad thinking about how horrible you're treated as a consumer I am going to go donate money to fucking pirate bay. What else am I supposed to do? I stopped buying your shit long ago (at least for the inital retail prices) and that hasn't done shit, so what is a consumer who wants to support you supposed to do exactly? Bend over and take it and be happy with the knowledge that the people who are really getting hurt are the pirates? Fuck the fuck off you fucking fucks.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo