Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Jul 14, 2010, 15:59 LittleMe

SirKnight wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 15:31:
I try to like this game b/c I want realism, but I just can't. Everything is implemented so damn poorly and amateurish. The performance should not be as bad as it is for what's being drawn and what's going on. The HDR implementation is the worst I've seen. The gameplay is very fragile, awkward and just wonky. The AI is about as dumb as it gets. The animation is laughable. The only models that look good are weapons and military vehicles. All other models just look strange. No physics. An interface that is really clunky. Sure there's a lot of interaction to deal with, but the interface could be a lot better than it is. It's just not intuitive at all.

Unfortunately, they can't really fix any of this b/c the brain dead die-hards would complain since they're so used to it I guess and it would break backwards compatibility which seems so important to the die-hards. Their engine is just plan crap in every way. They really should replace it with something proven to be robust and cross-platform. The scripting language they came up with has the most bizarre syntax there is. Doing any kind of precise mission creating is a huge pain as well.

It's just too bad BIS is the only one willing to make a game like this. The thing is, they're going for a hard core sim, yet most things are NOT realistic at all. It's quite strange.

That is exactly my experience with the game. Well said, thanks. I want to like the game but can't. I tried. I had hopes that they would improve the flaws you note from ArmA1, so much that I was anticipating A2's release for maybe a year.

It's revealing to hear your insights about the scripting language. That seems consistent with the overall experience.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo