Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

72. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 21:58 MattyC

Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 21:32:
And yet, most of the people who mouth off about being super 1337 in WoW that I know suck at even the basics in terms of those same games that you claim are mastered by clicking the start button.

So once again, you are basically being the ass that you are accusing WoW players of being. Which was the entire point of my post.

If that's true then obviously people who practice to competitively play those types of games are putting in way too much effort. You cannot seriously be telling me that they are the same thing.

Look. If I suck at an MMO and I group up with people and play and continue to suck, I will still progress and get just as much reward as those who have some basic skill. Hence my 'just show up' analogy. Yeah it might be a bit over simplified, but it fits and I have seen this happen again and again. In fact, there is a couple in my SG in City of Heroes who suck bad enough that when we play with them, we have to take their sucking into account and try to compensate. It's kind of an ongoing joke. They are fun people, though.

Maybe. It isn't a sport or something you have to stay in shape for. Teamwork and strategy still play a part, but that was mentioned. But yes if they are practicing point and click all day, not having fun, and not working on the other aspects of the game then they are probably wasting their time.

Yes...it most certainly is...so let's move along. I don't have the time to respond to stupid comments like that.

Those were your words I was mocking...

Basically then you go on to rant about what "some" or "most" wow players do or think. And you still don't realize that what you are trying to single them out for is exactly what you are doing. I don't care what you think about WoW and I certainly don't care about CoH (which has very little in common with WoW so I am not sure why you are comparing the two). I just think it is silly that you sit here saying "WoW players like totally think they are gods and super good, but they aren't. People who play <X> are actually gods and super good, not WoW players". It is a stupid argument. Also it does not involve dogs.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo