Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

77. Re: On OnLive Game Prices Jun 22, 2010, 11:54 Elessar

Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 11:02:
That's not even true anymore thanks to multiplatform games. You don't need to "keep up" a machine so much as buy gaming hardware on a cycle near that of consoles. The days of yearly upgrades are long behind us.
I don't agree. There are plenty of people out there who prefer to play a game on a PC, regardless if it's multiplatform or not. Sure the hardware lasts longer than it did in years past, but you still need to "keep up" every few years if you intend to play the latest titles.

Well yes because it's not the same price - OnLive is more expensive. What benefit exactly are you referring to? You are saying "but it can do X!" and we're saying "Yes but you can already do Y cheaper". Doing it for the sake of doing it is not really a path to consumer success. You keep going on about the point of the service but people are harping on it precisely because unlike something like say Steam, it offers little benefit and is even costlier.
Again, Steam still requires you to have a decent gaming rig to run new titles with mid to high graphic settings. The point or benefit (in their terms) is that you don't need to buy expensive hardware. To be honest, I don't even know if that rings true or if their service is good enough to cover their claims. I just find it annoying to see people bitch about half the story. I don't consider you one of those people, but there are plenty of them early on in the thread.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo