Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2010, 12:57 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 12:25:
You're wrong about people not wanting to spend money on this stuff. It's all about software. The wii sports was a BIG deal in the wii's success. Wii fit was a big deal in the balance boards success.

The software is what you should be looking at. If the software is good enough then people will pay for the hardware. That is why people spend $400+ on consoles. For software.

That is why you and I spend $400 dollars on a console, the Wii wasn't targeted at just you and I, it was targeted at everyone, hence the tremendous success of it. Sony and Microsoft are trying to ride the Wii's wave, but that wave has already hit the beach. I'm not saying they will be dismal failures, I'm just saying they want a piece of that Wii success and I really don't think they are going to find it.

Now nothing is impossible, but unless they each have some amazing must have killer app (yes that is redundant), they are going to be nothing but an occasional go to item for a small percentage of current system owners. I guess what I am trying to say is these things aren't going to sell consoles.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo