Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

91. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 14, 2010, 14:09 Verno

Reactor wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 13:55:
The comment wasn't about the game being bad. I've played it and like it, and would love it on the PC. It was about the way the developers are doing things at the moment, that result in more than janky-ass games. The games don't work at all (especially when you're talking about Steam), and there's no one around to fix them.

That's all fine and good, speaking of "bleedingly obvious" obviously everyone wants working games. Your example of GTA4 however was a poor one. They have tried to support that product and I'd argue that they did a decent job patching it. It was utterly broken at launch and now is playable for what I would wager is the vast majority of gamers who own it. I'm sorry if you continue to have issues but thats not just GTA4 but practically every PC game ever. User specific configuration issues always arise with every release. Rockstar has done good ports and they have done bad ports but I'm not going to write them off the entire platform for it. You also forgive one game for the same problems while berating another as I've pointed out.

Because of this, you might understand that it was frustrating when your posts consisted of taking every one of my points and posting the always impressive 10 year old tactic of pointing out the bleedingly obvious opposite alternative. "You don't like it? Don't buy it.", you said. "Well thanks for that genius. I never would have figured that out without your help.", I thought.

Except that you're ignoring everything relevant and focusing on a single portion of a reply. You also accused me of "having too much to say" or something equally childish, meanwhile your reply with that accusation was longer than any of my previous ones.

So, whether it was right or wrong to nitpick or be sarcastic, let's just accept we have differing opinions so we can both do something else. For me, sleep. Keep on nitpicking if you want, but it won't be something I'll respond to.

I get where the attitude comes from because PC gaming is largely a huge wasteland of console ports and MMOs these days but its misplaced in this case was my point. I mean, the whole announcement here in the first place is that they ARENT porting it anyways right now. So I understand the jaded sarcasm pc gamer guy bit but I don't accept it in this case. There are plenty of other companies who don't patch their products period who are far more deserving of our scorn.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo