Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 5, 2010, 20:24 Ray Marden

Having played the demo, albeit a single time, my initial impressions are along the same lines as the others:

• Graphically, I wish the artwork was at a higher native resolution. I'd love to see this take the 2.5D route.

• I broke the in-game tutorial slightly by clicking where I wasn't supposed to. At that point, the screen the tutorial was referencing was gone, but the tutorial prompt was still up. It took me a few seconds to get out of that area.

• I don't like how the strategy component is so heavily front-loaded. Inherently, when I play a game, I want to play it - I'd love to have control during the battle, even if only in limited form.

• There is obviously some technical depth to this game, but the demo doesn't really ease you into it - you either use it or you don't.

• I don't know how well it scales beyond the small fight I played, but the camera control could be better - I'd love to have a higher default sensitivity and it's telling that I initially tried to zoom in/out as I do in Eve Online.

• This still really isn't my type of game. I generally like having control over my games/vehicles/characters. Additionally, I place a heavy premium on experiencing new things - this covers exploration, a penchant for fantasy, wanting to experience a story, etc.

• $23/$41/$51 - that's too high given the lack of appeal for this genre, the personal worth I attribute to the game, and the other games I want and their relative cost.

• But again, I would question how big the market is for the genre and how much of if has been captured. If some of the more drastic changes were made to game to appeal more to my tastes, the current fans would likely be turned off. If this game is working on a financial basis, I would encourage reviewing the price and then making tweaks to improve the current game.

Ultimately, I'd be inclined to say this just, simply, is not my type of game and any potential future sale would need to be from a different type of game than a tweak of this current game style.

But I guess that's what this survey is for, isn't it?
    +1 for more Star Control gameplay.
    Feeling removed as I watched the battle unfold,
    Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
    http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
    I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
    Login Email   Password Remember Me
    If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
    Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo