Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2010, 17:46 DG

If the tree's endangering the house it's time for it to come down. Speak to the neighbour though and see what they say. It might not change an inevitable result but even so they'll appreciate the involvement in something that affects them.

Think of it as an opportunity to plant a new tree.

Previous parental home had a giant monkey puzzle tree. Looking at google images I can't find one quite like it, ours was at least as big as the biggest ones I could see but it had the great shape that only seems to show on the juveniles (older ones seem to only have branches at the top). I think it was in a book or a paper or something because we'd get a couple of people a year turn up to look at it.

Bit like this except multiplied in scale so you could walk under the lowest branches: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Araucaria_araucana1.jpg

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo