Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Thieves Landing May 24, 2010, 22:53 Creston

Agrajag wrote on May 24, 2010, 16:27:

Yeah, I kind of thought that might be true... But, what really gets me is that it takes away my honor if I try to defend myself from them! That seems wrong... Other times, I can shoot back at people who are shooting at me without losing honor, so what's special about these guys?? Plus, it does seem random: one visit, the whole town is out to lynch me; the next visit, everyone is cool, people are gambling with me, asking me to help them catch horse thieves, etc... Weird...

I think it's just a small bug, in that the game doesn't recognize that that one character attacked you first. It happens fairly infrequently. In my first game, I came across a man and a wife arguing somewhere out in the middle of nowhere. I got off my horse, curious to see what was going on. The guy immediately gets on my horse and takes off, so I put a bullet in his back. -50 honor, and the woman runs screaming to the law, and 5 seconds later I'm wanted for murder and have a 40 dollar bounty.

So occasionally it gets confused.

I think the fame bonus is meant to apply to everything you do, not JUST when you use the 2 golden colored guns... I think those golden guns are purely aesthetic... But, I never heard you were required to use them to get the fame boost; I definitely got the impression ALL things you can possibly do to earn fame were boosted somewhat above people without the bonus applied... *shrug*

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, since I'm playing my second game now where I somehow don't have the golden guns (they're not showing), and I'm getting just as much fame as before.

Edit : I'm reading through some threads on gamefaqs about this, and it seems that the golden guns thing is indeed just an overall Fame BONUS. Which sucks even more, because I was already a Legend by the time I was halfway done in Mexico... Sigh. What I wouldn't give for a warhorse.

The one thing that kinda bugs me is that a life of crime simply DOESN'T PAY in this game. I can hold a guy up in the middle of the desert somewhere, he'll run off, I shoot him in the back, and he's got 5 bucks on him. The frigging bullet is more expensive than that!

You make so much more money just from hunting and skinning stuff that it seems rather imbalanced.

Creston

This comment was edited on May 24, 2010, 23:17.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo