Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Ubisoft's Losses May 18, 2010, 14:55 killer_roach

Prez wrote on May 18, 2010, 14:50:
My only regret is that they didn't lose 10 times as much. 100 times. I hope they go out of business. Their PC profits are up simply because they are charging 10 to 20 bucks more per title than they used to. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.

I think you'd be surprised at how little the DRM situation really impacts sales... sure, it ticks people like us off, but it hardly puts a dent in sales.

I'd have to say the losses would have to be placed more on their marketing costs and less-than-expected sales of Assassin's Creed II, including many of those sales coming at reduced price points (I got my copy for PS3 on a sale for $20 new, something that's probably not all that great for Ubi's bottom line but fantastic for me as a gamer).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo