Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 17:03 Evil Timmy

While motion blur shaders can somewhat compensate for it, the big difference is that film and video cameras capture the entire 1/24th (or 1/30th) of a second, whereas your video card only renders a snapshot in time. This means you need a higher framerate for your brain to perceive continuous motion. Pause your DVD during an action scene and you'll see that it's blurry, but yet it looks clear while playing.

I used to be annoyed by 60Hz CRTs, as in light areas the flicker was perceptible, whereas at 75Hz or higher it disappeared. And the new DLP projectors in movie theaters are a godsend, because even at 48Hz (each 24fps frame has the lamp flashed through it twice) the flicker really bugged me, especially in scenes with a lot of motion.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo