Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: RAGE Next Year May 4, 2010, 15:12 Ray Marden

Eh, I'll wait and see, but id certainily doesn't have much of a track records on the gameplay front. Looking solely at graphics, you can still spot some finer details and some polish to certain aspects of it, but some of the imperfections are that much more noticeable as well.

As already noted, the real killer is that it looks and sounds like another version of games we've played before: Half-Life 2, Munch's Oddysee, Fallout 3, Borderlands, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Gears of War, Splintr Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, etc.

Maybe they'll really bring the charm and polish. Maybe it will have some great gameplay. Maybe it will bring an evolved fidelity of graphics, but maintain it through a gigantic landscape. Maybe it will have some fantastic animation and feel really alive and energetic.

But in all reality, I'm not excited for the game from what I've seen/heard and I'm already thinking about what other more skilled game developers could do with the engine.
Not trying to just id bash, but this feels like a retread.
Still wanting my Quake sequel ,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo