Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Will Apr 10, 2010, 22:31 Shadowcat

Flatline said:
It's sad because their dev teams are turning out games I'd like to play. However, yes, Ubi is rather dead to me.
Ditto. There is some great talent under the Ubisoft banner (and, presuming it's still being developed, missing "Beyond Good & Evil 2" will hurt :/ ), but this DRM is absolutely retarded, and I cannot support it.

StingingVelvet said:
And just because some people have problems does not mean everyone does.

Your argument goes both ways.
Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor.

I cannot believe that you think that constitutes a successful (or coherent) retort.

No one has ever said that the system will fail for everyone. Jesus, even the idiots who green-lit this would have refrained from doing so if it wasn't going work for anyone. Of course it works for some people! I would expect that it works for the majority of people, the majority of the time. That doesn't mean it's not a completely insane mechanism to employ.

MTechnik said:
Talisorn wrote on Apr 10, 2010, 18:02:
I'd say that not one of the whining many here have even tried a game with this DRM.
You're right. Those that said "as long as this DRM doesn't allow offline gaming, we're not spending our money on it" haven't spent their money on it. If they did, it wouldn't be much of a resistance.
Well put.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo