Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Apr 10, 2010, 02:58 Ventura

well FA was based on the bug-fixed SupCom 1 engine so they updated FA only twice. Yeah, there still are quite a few minor bugs in FA especially with experimentals, nothing serious though... I've never had one of those memory holes that are allegedly slowing down the game to a crawl.

Play FA with one or more AI's on a large map like Setons. You'll get the bug with the sim speed dropping to a crawl, guaranteed, and it wasn't a problem in vanilla. Unfortunately, what with my being primarily a skirmish/coop gamer, it was a game breaker.

I attribute the increased effort being put into patching this sequel to their new publisher Square Enix, as opposed to THQ who published the original. FA came out less than a year after vanilla had hit shelves, and none of its patches were anywhere near as substantial as this one.

As for FA, well it's a bit unfortunate, but it was pretty much abandonware the moment it left the gate.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo