Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Settlers 7 Aus DRM Woes Apr 1, 2010, 06:17 Shadowcat

I'm yet to have an issue playing the game or logging into the servers.
I've had absolutely no problems with the DRM either. [...] As usual, people are blowing this DRM thing out of proportion.
I don't think anyone ever claimed that this system would be a nightmare for every single customer. Statistically it will probably work for most of the people most of the time. Congratulations -- thus far, at least, you are both members of that set. But it doesn't take a genius to see that a system which requires continuous internet access absolutely WILL fail for some of the people some of the time, and if that required access is for as arbitrary a reason as this, it isn't surprising that many of us are shutting our wallets to Ubisoft and EA (who have launched pretty much the same system with Command and Conquer 4).

The people I feel really sorry for are the customers who don't follow gaming news, or simply don't comprehend the issue, and encounter the problem completely unexpectedly.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo