Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Heroes of Newerth Open Beta This Week Mar 29, 2010, 07:13 HappyWulf

peteham wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 06:17:
Wouldn't want to be without this part of the game, personally. Of course it sucks when you get into that occasional game where you go on an endless dieing-streak and get hopelessly far behind both on levels and items for the remainder of the game, but I don't think the game would be the same without it, really.
In LoL, I've played a couple of rather intense matches where my team would make a comeback at the very end, having lost our inner base turrets and our final building only having a few hitpoints left... We'd won because the other team got too cocky and we achieved an 'Ace' (when one team is completely wiped out and they're all waiting to respawn) which gave us enough time to push the creeps back into their base and counter attack. When they respawned we were able to keep them in their base to continue to push until we pulled off a win.
This would never have been able to happen if we'd been losing gold when we died. Keeping what you've earned keeps the game balanced if a game is very close. Even if your team is 5-10 kills behind, a comeback is still possible.
Also, if your team has lost one of your inner buildings that makes the other team's creeps get stronger if it's destroyed, and you're able to survive, then that building will respawn after something like 3-5 minutes, allowing you to bring your focus back to being on the offensive again as you recoup your losses.

There is 1 thing that you lose when dieing... There are 3 items that give you buffs every time you make a kill or get an assist. These buffs stack up to 20 times, and you get 2 stacks for a kill, and 1 for an assist. If you die, you lose 1/3rd of these stacked buffs... But you have to have the items that grant them. The upshot is that these items are very very cheap, and can grant stat boots that are greater then some of the more expensive items available... they also come with a secondary buff if you manage to cap it out at 20 stacks.
If you like the dynamic of risk vs reward from dieing, then use these items. The flavors come in +HP, +AP(spell power), and +Atk damage.

Also the shop is SUPER intuitive, easy to navigate, and very clean and helpful. You'll learn all the possible item combination in no time because of how well it's made. Click on an item and it immediately shows you all the combos it can be used in, and you can buy the item right there from one of the combo lists... you don't have to go hunting for it like in HoN. Even the icon designs are much better then HoN, they're clear, simple, representative, and you can tell other people what to look for and they'll be able to find it even if it's their first time playing the game. "Look for the Blue Tear Drop... get that, it'll give you a big mana buff. You'll find it in the Mana section."

Also, i like the graphics. =3 They're more FUN. and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo