Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Heroes of Newerth Open Beta This Week Mar 29, 2010, 05:52 HappyWulf

I hate to be an echo here, but LoL really is much much MUCH better. I could drone on as to why... but here's just a few things...

The first thing you notice is how awful the shop is set up. It's confusing and convoluted. The character's abilities have no 'oomph' to them, and many more things feel likewise 'watered down'. The fact that you LOSE gold when you die... Sure, you're opponent gets money when they kill you, that's part of the game. But why do you also have to lose money? That's just broken right there. The Unreal voice announcer is beyond annoying. To put that part in perspective, it's much less annoying when the female voice in LoL exclaims in a slightly surprised, but not over-the-top tone, "Aced!"... Compared to M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL! I play LoL with the camera locked to me, so it follows me when I move.... this option does not even exist in HoN, and it made the game nearly unplayable when I went back to it. Say what you want about HoN having more characters, but LoL had 40 at launch and was more then enough! Then add into that they've started a habit of releasing another new character on every major patch, once every 3-6 weeks. LoL is nearing 50 characters now.

I'd also like to mention that I've played HoN a long while ago in an earlier form, and much more recently as of about a month ago. When I played it again just recently I took note of all these things that made me feel like HoN was the biggest pile of steaming dog crap that I'd ever given the benefit of a second chance.

I've been playing LoL since early and late beta, and since it's official 'launch' I play almost daily.
Also, I like the way LoL has done it's pricing.... FREE with the option to purchase characters with cash OR time-played points. And cosmetic-only costumes. As well as bundles at a nice cheap budget game price to unlock a chunk (or almost all) of the characters at the start. 10 free characters per week so you can try them all out to eventually find the ones you like and play well with so you know where you want to spend your time-played points at for free unlocks.
I like the fact that they leave giving Riot money for support of their game entirely up to you. Because of this gesture of good will and their superior game, I've already given Riot $90 I think. They deserve it. I've given LoL more time and have had more fun with it then any other game in years.

I also own Demigod, which had a good release, but just feels hashed together now and lacks much substance after having been playing LoL for the last half-year.

Finally, I want to admit that when I played LoL in it's early beta I felt it was horribly unbalanced and broken. When I gave IT it's 2nd chance it did nothing but please. What I'd felt were overpowered 'ultimates' were brought down to a more manageable level with less 1-hit kill power to them, and less restricting cool downs to compensate.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo