Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Mar 28, 2010, 03:52 Rigs

Gotta love those idiots who accuse anyone who hates Starforce (or other invasive garbage drm schemes) of being pirates.

Whoa, hold on there Jethro... I don't really care who pissed in your corn flakes this morning, but you need to get a few things straight. I never 'accused' anyone of anything. What I said (if you had put down the bottle of Prozac and cared to read it) was since Starforce has been out there for a number of years, most of the earlier bugs had been smoothed out and most newer games with Starforce have had little trouble with consumers. The reason I mention pirates was NOT to imply that legit gamers who have problems with it are thieves. What I meant was that pirates were the only ones that actively and constantly try to hack their way around it and as such, run into many problems and hassles that most legit gamers don't run into. I also didn't say NO ONE has a problem with it.

What the hell's a nausance? You mean nuisance? I don't pay for nuisances. If you wanna pay for a nuisance, then don't let me stop you...

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think I would have someone over-analyzing every word I wrote for proper spelling and grammar. You know, because if I misspell a word it means the rest of my post is uninformed, biased crap.

You wanna imply that those who's principles prevent them from supporting such bullshit are thieves, then you're an asshole.

Again, that's not what I said, dipshit. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were just trying to start an argument...

It sucks, period, and those who are too complacent (or dim) to see the problem with it are the real problem.

So, because I have no problems with it and think the that the issues with Starforce are overblown makes me complacent and stupid? Might it be, rather, that I have actually done my homework, sir, and have seen the gradual decrease of problem posts to various forums about Starforce over the last two years? Seems to me that you had a very disastrous run in with said DRM and now go off half-cocked whenever someone mentions that it's not as bad as some make it out to be...

I don't claim that there are no longer problems with this kind of DRM, but it is a noted and known fact that the makers of Starforce have tried to fix the problems consumers were having. The large majority of games now with Starforce have few problems with it but like with all other DRM, there are going to be problems. If you 'don't pay for nuisances' then your library of games must be mighty small because most games have one or more problems. It's the nature of the industry...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo