Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

109. Re: GameStop Used Game Lawsuit Mar 28, 2010, 03:12 Tigger

<Rant>

Please note - this is a rant. Don't take it seriously. If you do, go get a drink or a girlfriend. Or both.

The 'Day One' DLC is just a gimmick to get users to buy the game to get the activation code for 'free' content. Then the publisher gets to squeeze another $15 bucks out of ANYONE that buys it used. "Yes, you cheapskate. Bend over and take one from EA," YEEEHAA!

And I wonder where that $15 goes? Do you think the developers see it? Probably not. Doesn't it make you wonder if all these game publishers will end up like the RIAA - suing the shit out of the very people that created and sustained them in a battle for relevance?

And come on - a lawsuit over $15?! Seriously? $15. My taxes are already killing me and now I have to pay for court hearings over $15?! Get fucking serious. Give me his address and I'll mail him the $15. Instead, lets have court hearings about why my taxes keep going up even when the value of my house is going down. And I can't be reassessed why? OH, silly me - I have to pay for some little shit to sue someone over $15.

Next thing you know, we will need an activation code for the game and then the used market bottom out. Tons of kiddies won't be able to get $100 game cards from Grandma and the voice chat on Modern Warfare 2 won't be filled with snobbish little pricks on helium who have nothing better to do then tell everyone how stupid they are for not defending the 'A' capture point.

OK, so maybe we'll still have to contend with those snobbish little pricks on helium, but for fucks sake - what about the kiddies?!

</Rant>

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo