Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

52. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed Mar 13, 2010, 23:50 swaaye

I only played a little of DX back in the day, but did play it a lot more last year finally. Yeah that game is overrated. It's certainly decent gaming and great for the day, but some of you guys need to play that game again and refresh your memories.

It is loaded with cheesy and corny dialog and somewhat quirky gameplay due to its RPG/FPS nature. The biggest issue is probably the story/storytelling because it frankly is pretty shallow predictable stuff. I laughed out loud a few times I got forced through a "deep" sociopolitical NPC conversation. That stuff might hit a teenager hard, but that's about it. Oh and the "AI" is mostly lacking the "I" lol.

The atmosphere of the game is great though and the old school Unreal Engine and Straylight Productions soundtrack will stir the soul of anybody who was gaming back then.

The best things these guys could do if they want to make a quality sequel is to keep the maps huge and let the player have a lot of options in how to proceed. That's what DX did fairly well sometimes. I'd also like another futuristic electronic soundtrack if possible plz.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2010, 23:56.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo