Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

60. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today Mar 4, 2010, 01:56 502ndSlapHappy

siapnar wrote on Jan 28, 2010, 20:44:
Anyone know what might cause this error when running setup??

"The vc8 runtime Redistributable package was not installed successfully."

I have a feeling it pertains to Visual C++ 2008 but I've already got both versions installed.
Plus, in the "redistributable" folder in the BF2 client setup folder there's only one "vcredist" package and it's for 2005.

I'm fucking clueless.

There's practically no information on this error when searching with google, either.

This should help you fix it. I'm running XP Pro (32 bit) ...if you are having problems with x64 this should help you too.

I found the solution to my VC8 redistributable installer errors just in case anyone else has the same problem. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346
For some reason, my registry no longer had an entry pointing to the msiexec.exe program that will install .msi files. I followed the directions on Microsoft's site, but had to recreate the keys in my registry since they did not exist when I followed the step to make sure they were telling programs that the msiexec file was in the windows\system32 folder. Long story short. I created keys and entries in the registry, rebooted into SAFE MODE and as an admin turned on the service following microsoft's instructions, rebooted again and it worked like a charm. ** This was with the retail version that I purchased today **

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo