Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

284. Re: Op Ed Mar 3, 2010, 18:49 Sepharo

You don't even bother to try to hide the fact that your not actually addressing the points in my posts anymore.

Man producing Man is not "ridiculous,"
Never said it was, I said your separation between "lateral speciation" and "vertical speciation" is ridiculous.

You state that, "you have a rule/law that involves "kind" in way that requires "kind" to be strictly defined." Is that just a clumsy bait-and-switch? You were the one complaining about "kind" being "undefined." Now you claim that I'm "requiring it to be strictly defined," when I'm using the word consistent with common, everyday, dictionary usage. Get your story straight.
Was "reading comprehension" not a part of your education? The reason I complain about "kind" being undefined is because your rule requires "kind" to be strictly defined.

"Kind" is unspecified and that is in agreement with the theory of evolution not your pseudoscience.

Is a Lion a "kind?
Is a Tiger a different "kind"?
What about ligers and tiglons?
Does that mean the genus Panthera is the actual "kind"?
Are these all examples of "lateral speciation"?

Oh that's right, we're not talking about cats; we're talking about finches. Darwin's Finches to be precise.

Did you know Darwin's Finches aren't actually considered finches anymore?

Darwin's finches:
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Aves
Subclass: Neornithes
Infraclass: Neognathae
Superorder: Neoaves
Order: Passeriformes
Suborder: Passeri
Infraorder: Passerida
Superfamily: Passeroidea
Family: Thraupidae
Genus: Geospiza

True finches:
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Aves
Subclass: Neornithes
Infraclass: Neognathae
Superorder: Neoaves
Order: Passeriformes
Suborder: Passeri
Infraorder: Passerida
Superfamily: Passeroidea
Family: Fringillidae

To muddy this up some more: The placement of Darwin's Finches in the family Thraupidae only happened in 1992. Before then they were considered a part of family Emberizidae which is also included in the Superfamily Passeroidea

You'll brush this all away and ignorantly claim that this shows how those terms are undefined as well and therefore evolution is moot. Except the theory never makes statements like, "one genus/family cannot evolve into another genus/family" because that would require those terms to be strictly defined.

Furthermore, the big shakeup in taxonomic classification that's been happening over the past few decades is because of genetic research. I'm pretty sure in past posts you haven't had a problem with genetic science but correct me if I'm wrong about this.

But none of this matters anyway because as we all know "kinds" of little birds can only "laterally speciate" into "kinds" of little birds.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo