Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 16:43 JoeNapalm

Did...did you expect WoW?

I guess the difference between Klingons and Orcs could be confusing to some. Vulcans have pointy elfin ears, and Ferengi are vaguely...ever so vaguely...goblinoid.

But then there's the focus on combat between interstellar starships.

And the entirely different genre.

Oi.

Having recently become involved in two different MMOs with settings that are about as unWoW as you can possibly get, I still wonder what the "But...it's not WoW!?!?" crowd expected to see when they logged in a post-Apocalyptic or high SF game setting?

Again, not even remotely suggesting that the games have WoW's obviously industry re-defining polish - but about 1 in 5 of the complaints I've heard have been the "not WoW" shtick.

(Heck, after six years of WoW and shameless clones, I consider that a bloody bullet point.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo