Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Feb 14, 2010, 01:43 Narf2029

Only significant experience I have with cover mechanics is from Mass Effect and GTA IV. Man, GTA IV's cover was a joke. Once I discovered I was only marginally less accurate while firing "blind," I never did anything but. Just find a corner or a barricade, crouch, and headshot everyone in the area without ever exposing yourself to any risk. At least Mass Effect made you stand up or lean out to fire. I think if cover mechanics get any more overpowering, the game will be released in theaters.

I like the cover system from the good old days - if you want to avoid being shot, all you have to do is get behind something solid! And this system is so adaptive and flexible in that any solid object will do, rather than having to use certain places because they are scripted as valid locations for the cover system. And what about partial cover? You can find that almost anywhere too, unless you're playing a game with a cover system because then if you're not in a scripted safe place, the partial cover will often have no effect at all.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo