Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

56. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock 2 Feb 11, 2010, 12:20 Ray Marden

I will say some of the later levels are a bit stronger, but that simply begets questioning of the starting area design process.

It's certainly a unique shooter, but I would have liked for them to do more with the Bioshock world. Even accounting for the "twist" at the end, I did not really care about the main character in the game. Toss in the heavy focus on combat as well as the coplete removal of the stealth element, this game feels a bit crude in contrast with the original.

I think the little sisters took me out of the game, too. From having the set spawn triggers to limiting collection to two bodies per sister, it just felt like a forced mechanic.

I just got to the last level, completely to my surprise. I realized I was about to hit a significant story element, but I somehow felt that I had at least another third or so of the game to go instead of this final level. I'm not sure what my actual play time is, but I will say the story does not feel as meaningful. The moral choices are really based off of small, unrelated matters and I don't feel a real connection to the majority of the characters - they've just people trying to screw over each other.

As previously discusses, the Big Daddy and external location (water) elements are completely under-utilized.

I am definitely enjoying the game and I can give it an 85% or so, but with the disclaimer that this is the shooter version of Bioshock. Ultimately, the first half of the game feels like an expansion pack and the second half feels like an evolved portion of the shooter element. The first game doesn't really need a sequel, but even for making one, this still is not the route I would have gone...
It's a good game, just not the Bioshock game I wanted.
Shrugging,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo