Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

101. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 9, 2010, 19:40 PacoTaco

Just to follow up on peoples comments on my comment on Steam preventing piracy, I said it helps that's all, they or we get a little more money off a product once it's not being put on the shelves.

Dead Space sold about 3.5 mil across all platforms rough guess, far below the numbers they wanted.

They wanted 6 mil. Then they debated for 6 months if they were going to do any Dead Space 2 at all on any platform, and most of the team that built Dead Space left to start Sledge Hammer Studios for Activision, the only people left were either forced to sign an employment contract, aren't key team members of the franchise.

Sledge Hammer / Activision has again gutted EA like a fish as they did with the COD team that cost EA billions in revenue to COD, "remember Medal Of Honor" was built by the core of what became the COD team.

EA have lost themselves in internal politics, Dante's Inferno is getting horrible reviews, Medal of Honor has one last shot, but will still be shipped out of EALA and EALA closed down.

They have Marketing people, Bean Counters, and Politicians in charge of production some have no idea how games are built, as they never built one, and most of the great talent that worked there is scattered all over the industry. EA used to be a cool place to work they treated the people that made or did all the hard work well, this stopped years ago, and the place has fallen apart ever since.

You think they really care about PC dead space it did I would guess no more then 200k units, and was pirated all over the place. 200k 15-29 retail isn't a lot of money to EA, 30-60 mil didn't even pay for the testing and dev on it knowing them.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2010, 19:48.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo