Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication Jan 26, 2010, 12:49 Creston

It's a good thing Ubisoft doesn't make anything interesting anymore anyways.

I can handle an authentication scheme that requires a one-time authentication, or one that has an offline option, but having my savegames somewhere else than my local HD is utter fucking bullshit. (not to mention that on my magnificent 256k up, saving would take five fucking minutes on the average game.)

I can already see some griefer deleting everyone's savegames for fun, and Ubisoft going "yeah, that sucks. Guess you all get the joy of starting over!"
And then two years from now, Ubi decides to go EA and stop "supporting" that game, which means you could never play it anymore, since you can't save. Fuck this crap.

Bye bye Ubi. Please go console only, and soon. That way we no longer have to listen to you.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2010, 12:53.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo