Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Crysis 2 in NYC Jan 21, 2010, 12:25 Zardoz5

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 21, 2010, 00:37:
Crysis while a nice looking game had the same issues as Far Cry. You were limited in how far you could actually go in these massive open environments.

And gameplay wasn't dumbed down once the aliens showed up in Crysis?

*** Spoilers ***

Along with what you mentioned, one of the biggest complaints I have about Crysis was the brutal, brutal ending of the game. To me it appears Crytek just ran out of time and ended the game where they did on the carrier. I thought for sure the next level would be returning to the island after beating that boss on the carrier, then credits roll. You don't actually resolve anything to do with the main story. What happened on the island? Did the aliens, Koreans or Americans win?

Crysis Warhead wasn't much better either. I thought Crytek would've atoned for their Crysis story fail, but they did the same type of thing with Warhead. Also I just remembered Psycho's suddenly breaking down and crying after random soldier X dies, I lol'd. Crytek needs to get some writers and actually finish off their game's stories. Its disappointing to play a game and be left with a cliffhanger ending with no resolution.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo